I was cruising the internet looking for a specific love poem for my current work in progress and ended up adding a few love quotes to my file. Hope you enjoy these. Comment on your favorites or leave your own. Have a great Thursday!
1. "Thou art to me a delicious torment." Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature to stop words when speech becomes superfluous." Ingrid Bergman
3. "to Lady Emerald Cunard: The hours I spend with you I look upon as a sort of perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it . . . you and you alone make me feel that I am alive . . .Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee, and thou art enough." George Moore
4. "Came but for friendship and took away love." Thomas Moore
5. "I love you -- those three words have my life in them." Alexandrea to
6. "Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same." Emily Bronte
7. "I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them." Mae West
8. "When you love someone, all your saved up wishes starting coming out." Elizabeth Bowen
9. "To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with." Mark Twain
10. "Soul meets soul on lovers lips." Shirley Bassey
11. "I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion --
I have shuddered at it.
I shudder no more.
I could be martyr'd for my religion.
Love is my religion.
And I could die for that.
I could die for you."
12. The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." Josiah G. Holland
13. "Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." Anonymous