1. “Out here due process is a bullet.”
John Wayne, The Green Beret, 1968. I have this sound bite attached to my recycle bin and every time I empty it, it plays. If you didn’t know, I’m a huge John Wayne fan. My son even bought me a 6 ft. John Wayne standee for Christmas last year. It rocks! Scares the shit out of everyone who comes in the house, too! This movie -- The Green Beret – isn’t one of my top favorites. My favorite is The Undefeated. How can you go wrong with a movie starring John Wayne and Rock Hudson?
2. “Get off my plane.” Harrison Ford, Air Force One, 1997. Seriously, best line out of the whole movie when he throws the terrorist off into the wild blue yonder.
3. “Indeed. I can avoid being seen, if I wish. But to disappear entirely is a rare gift.” Viggo Mortenson as Aragon, Fellowship of the Ring, 2001.
4. “Welcome to Earth!” Kelly had this one. Will Smith, Independence Day, 1996. Y’all are lucky I only chose one of these. I can almost recite the whole dang movie!
5. “Where’s my truck? Oh, there it is.” Helen Hunt, Twister, 1996.
6. “That’s all you got lady. Two wrong feet and fucking ugly shoes.” Julia Roberts, Erin Brockovich, 2000
7. “Failure is not an option.” I cannot believe none of you got this one! I thought saying “Houston, we have problem” would be WAY too obvious. Ed Harris, Apollo 13, 1995.
8. [She’s wonderful. Where did you ever find her?] “976-BABE.” Richard Gere, Pretty Woman, 1990 – and yes, Tiff, I have a Julia Roberts thing going here.
9. [Where’s your happy face?] “This is my happy face.” This one I’m not surprised no one got – it’s pretty obscure. But the Texas twang with which this dialogue is done is not to be missed. Tommy Lee Jones, Man of the House, 2005. He says this line with a deadpan expression mixed with a frown.
10. “My father told me it takes the glory of God to conceal a thing and the honor of Kings to search it out.” I have watched this movie 50 times in the last six months. The cinematography and music is incredible. Tiffany Dupont, One Night with the King, 2006
11. “Please sir, I want some more.” Mark Lester, Oliver!, 1968 – I saw this movie 15 times in the theatre – more than Star Wars!
12. “Give my regards to King Tut, asshole.” Good guess of The Mummy, but not right. My all time, all time favorite movie and series – Kurt Russell, Stargate, 1994. Spawned Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis and yes, I’m a huge fan of all.
13. “A woman just shouldn’t mess with a man’s machinery.” I love this movie mainly because of Cary Grant and Tony Curtis – but, it has some great lines.
Arthur O’Connell, Operation Petticoat, 1959